14 March 2015

Review: Polpetto, Berwick St, Soho

An offshoot of Polpo, don't underestimate Polpetto's small menu of tapas style dishes. Each one is unique, and deliciously tasty! It's a cosy little place and gets pretty busy for an hour but is very quick service. Plus, they have Frangelico - one of my favourite after dinner drinks (along with Limoncello) as I gave up ordering dessert when I eat out for Lent (weird, I know).
RATING: 4 out of 5

Grilled focaccia Planeta extra-virgin olive oil (so tasty) and Beetroot, goats curd, pink sorrel
Pink raddichio with mustard and orange, it might not look like much but it tastes strangely good!
Clams, sea purslane linguine - the linguine was made to perfection, fresh and chewy
Pork belly, Jerusalem artichoke, parsley - because you just have to order the pork belly - the parsnip mash also went very well
Pink fir potatoes, which were not so pink
My lovely little Frangelico to round off a great day out in London
The other two went for Maple Tart and Chocolate Flan - judging by the 'yum' noises from both, I can safely assume they were very good desserts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment