05 May 2014

Review: Hache Burger (Shoreditch)

Pronunciation: Hash-ay

Having raved on about Hache Burger since last year, it came to me that I've never actually reviewed the place. It must have been that good because I can't think of any other reason why. 

Camden is the original branch but I'm so glad they opened one in Shoreditch because that means I can pop in whenever I am having burger withdrawal symptoms. 

I've been 3 times previously and I'm making it my mission to try a different burger each time. I definitely recommend the Steak Milano with the sun-dried tomatoes and the Steak Catalan (it's quite meaty though). I took my cousin here once, and having travelled along America a few months before, his exact words were "probably the best burger I've ever had". Now that's saying something. 

Steak Canadian.
Picture courtesy of Hache Burger.
Always go brioche with the burger, once you go brioche you won't go back, the sweet and meat is a match made in heaven. The burgers are meaty, soft, crumbly but well made. The choice on the menu is not too much for your eyes but enough to carefully pick which one you will try this time round. You even get some 'salad' on the side (a chicory leaf and bits of tomato). I have to mention the wedges and garlic mayo. It's the best garlic mayo I've ever tasted - how do I know? Because I was still tasting and smelling of it the next day. Even though I was full, I was still reaching out for them, I couldn't bear the thought of leaving them. 

To be honest if you can have a burger and a whole side to yourself, you're a machine. It was only on my fourth visit that I had learnt my lesson and ordered sensibly (burger each and a side to share between 2 of us), so that I was able to order a dessert. Admittedly, I went for a hard shake (an alcoholic milkshake, folks), but it was just what was needed - Oreos, Baileys and Tia Maria a perfect combination I think! 

Prices are at a reasonable price, good choice of burgers as well as extra toppings. Drinks are also a bonus as my favourite Belgium beer, Hoegaarden is available and my fave Argentinean Malbec red wine. 

I'd recommend booking if you're more than 3 people but seats are available by the bar if needs must. 

I definitely recommend this place. Come here.

RATING: 4.5 out of 5 (not quite the 5 just because of the slight non attentiveness of service).

No comments:

Post a Comment